As usual, there was no shortage of digital news to keep up with this week. Here are a few highlights:
- Alibaba: What You Should Know About the Most-Hyped IPO of the Year – Never heard of Alibaba? You’re not alone. That may change, as it could become the largest tech IPO of all time.
- Facebook Announces Advertising ‘Boot Camp’ For Smaller Advertisers – A smart move by Facebook to cater more to small businesses. The boot camp will be held in five U.S. cities this summer.
- Prototypo Will Let Anyone Design Original Fonts – It’s expected to be up and running in September and will carry a $25/year subscription.
- 30 million people use this social network … and you’ve probably never heard of it – Meet the under-the-radar platform We Heart It, which is soaring in popularity with the under-25 crowd.
- Adobe Launches Standalone Storytelling App for iPad – The free app allows users to create animated videos and Adobe sees it being particularly useful in schools.