We had a phenomenal time at the Minnesota PRSA Classics Awards last night, taking home three awards:
- Feature Writing: Account Director Bridget Monroe – a former editor at Reader’s Digest – wrote a great piece on brand journalism for PR News’ 2014 Book of Content Marketing Strategies & Tactics. The article, titled “Everyone Has a Story: How to Bring out the People in Your Brand’s Content,” focused on our pro bono work with the Minnesota Fire Service Foundation.
- Community Relations – Government/Nonprofit: On behalf of our client Public Art St. Paul, Bellmont Partners (led by David Hlavac and Briana Gruenewald) worked to tell the story of CREATE: The Community Meal, an initiative culminating in a half-mile-long, 2,000-person Sunday dinner in the middle of St. Paul’s Frogtown neighborhood. The event celebrated the meeting point of public art, food justice, community engagement and cross-cultural dialogue.
- To wrap up the already memorable night, our very own Maggie LaMaack received this year’s Young Professional Award, which “celebrates the accomplishments of…and recognizes the passion of the next generation of leaders.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves — congratulations, Maggie!
We were also finalists in two categories:
- Marketing Products – Established: At last year’s Minnesota State Fair, Bellmont Partners spread the word about the state’s burgeoning wine scene. We helped revamp a two-year-old speaker program designed to help educate fairgoers about the industry, which now boasts more than 40 wineries and more than 600 vineyards, and led a comprehensive media relations campaign centered around everything Minnesota Wine Country has to offer.
- Integrated Communications – Government/Nonprofit: For the third year, we teamed with Maverick Software Consulting and Advance IT Minnesota to promote the Minnesota Aspirations for Women in Computing Awards, which provides prizes, scholarships and life-changing opportunities for high school girls. Our integrated campaign reached students, parents, educators and sponsors, boosting awareness and applications, all designed to encourage the next generation of women in tech.
We’re really proud of the strong partnerships we’ve built with all of our clients, and are thrilled to be recognized by our peers for the work we do. Thank you!